Thursday, April 2, 2009

Handwriting

Mane LOVES handwriting. This really ought to come as no surprise for me. Reading has been tough for her, but she's been writing ever since she could hold a writing utensil. She's been asking me how to spell things for her ever since she could understand that letters join together to form words. The house is full of samples of her writing. When we began the StartWrite handwriting program I was thinking it would be tedious for her, and I didn't know how well she would like it. I should have known, though. The idea of writing fancy makes her exceedingly pleased. She's learning italic cursive right now, but I have a feeling she may actually learn more than one type of handwriting over time. She entreats me to write things in "real" cursive for her now. I have been teaching her one letter at a time, but I finally printed out a page for her today with all the letters because she wanted to write a story and wanted to see how to do ALL the letters.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails