Sunday, November 23, 2008

Birds

I thought I'd mention something about Mane's love of birds. I'm not even really sure what inspired it, but he interest in birds has been so intense that we bought her a book of North American birds from Half Price Books last spring, and she's been carrying it around various places ever since. An unexpected pleasure of moving to our new place has been the birds we see out the window in this little protected yard. We have sparrows and at least one cardinal that perch on the grape vines that hang down outside our kitchen window. Mane can watch them for considerable lengths of time. She likes to sit on the counter while I cook and give me a running commentary on the birds. :)

We've also been watching the squirrels. They're getting awfully chubby this time of year, getting ready to sleep most of the winter away...

1 comments:

Tesha said...

Oh. It is crazy the things kids fall in love with, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails