Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Friends!

I'm very hopeful about the new homeschool group we visited Tuesday! Mane had a blast, and I really enjoyed hanging out with the other parents. There weren't any girls Mane's age, but there were a few older and a few younger, which is just fine with me and a whole lot more like real life.

Today Mane finished lesson 17 in math with plans to take the test tomorrow. Friday will be a math facts practice day. She has been reading words incidentally all over the place, but she *has* announced that the book we've been using is boring. I told her we need to stick with it, though, and I think we will to a certain extent, but I also plan to do a better job creating variety in her reading experience.

We also read a couple of light books yesterday about the solar system & stars. I wasn't too impressed with them. So, I won't list them here. The plan is to do some drawing tomorrow demonstrating the progression from neighborhood to city, state, country, continent, planet, Milky Way, and UNIVERSE!

We will also be visiting the MN Orchestra tomorrow for "Bach to the Future," and we were excited to learn that some of our new homeschooling friends will be there!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails