Monday, March 23, 2009

In the name of keeping up the blog...

I'll post that we started lesson 25 in MUS!! AND I explained multiplication and division to Mane this morning. What fun!

Mane started the day watching a Reading Rainbow episode about music and orchestras as a follow-up to us going to the orchestra last week.

She finished the second word group in the 100 words books, and she read me the book that comes at the end of that section. I still worry about her reading, but it seems that she's learning.

We're still using StartWrite for handwriting. Mane has practiced letter a, b, c, d, and e, and she's learned to join those various letters together into words. We're learning italic cursive. I'm learning, too, since I learned traditional cursive to begin with.

Then we read Storm Run by Libby Riddles. She's the first woman who ever won the Iditarod, and the book is about her life and, particularly, about the time she won the Iditarod.

Last week we finished spelling Iditarod in character qualities/vocabulary words:

I = Innovation
D = Diligenace
I = Integrity
T = Teamwork
A = Attitude
R = Respect
O = Optimism
D = Determination

We'll be transitioning out of Iditarod this week and picking up Story of the World again. And we've been doing some short Spanish lessons. Finally.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails