Friday, March 20, 2009

The Orchestra & The Ballet

I can't believe it was 3 days ago that I last wrote. Our days have been very, very full. Mane and I have had long conversations and internet searches about cells, cancer, and how babies are made. YES, we had that conversation again. Apparently she didn't remember it from the first 2 times we covered how babies are made. This time she asked how the sperm and the egg get together. I told her, and she said, "Wow. You have to hug really close to do that." THEN we talked about how this is something we don't tell other kids, just like we don't tell them that there is no Santa and no Easter Bunny and no Tooth Fairy. She was cool with that.

Then we went to the MN Orchestra concert Meet the Orchestra on Thursday. They asked everyone to put their cameras away. Mane whispered to me, "But I don't have to put my notebook away," and she proceeded to sketch pictures of the orchestra instruments just as quickly as she could in leau of taking photos.

Today we went to the Bloomington Center for the Arts and saw The Continental Ballet Company perform Cinderella. It was truly wonderful. Mane really enjoyed the whole thing, in spite of the fact that the ballet story has no words. The entire story was communicated (quite effectively, I might add) by music and dance.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails