Friday, September 25, 2009

India

Today (after our standard math & reading) Mane & I read from Story of the World about ancient India. We'll be studying ancient India for at least the next week (and possibly longer). We found the Indus River on the map and looked at how it connects to Mesopotamia through the Arabian Sea. We talked about how difficult travel was over the land and why people chose water instead. Now I'm on an internet quest for some fun web pages about ancient India.

Lately Mane has also been helping make dinner. I know this is something I should have gotten around to a lot sooner, but I'm finding that having waited didn't harm anything and she's actually old enough to be real help now. She made meatballs this week and helped make lasagna. She's watching me carefully, and I think cooking is going to be one of those things she loves to do. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to pass it off to her in a few years? ;) Now I'm thinking of it as part of her education. Cooking is part of growing up and being responsible. It's also a place to read, measure, and be creative...a fantastic venue for learning.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails