Thursday, June 3, 2010

Book Review - The Door To Time

As part of my endeavor to stock the bookshelves with books I really love, rather than the twaddle so readily available for children these days, I've begun reading my way through books that are written for the 4th-8th grade set. I've decided to include my reviews here - for the benefit of others seeking great reading for their children (homeschooled or not).

So, to begin, I read...ok, I didn't finish...The Door to Time...on Tuesday this week. This is what I said about it over at my goodreads account:

"Flat characters, very predictable story line. I got halfway through the book and put it down. I have no attachment to the characters and do not care what happens to them. I guess that says it all."

I found that other goodreads users also found it lacking in substance. Some loved it, but very few give it 5 of 5 stars.  

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails