Monday, June 21, 2010

Book Review - Mossflower

I finished Mossflower by Brian Jaques last night. Here's my review:

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars because it was well-written and I liked the theme of peace-loving creatures defending themselves in clever, rather than violent, ways. The woodland creatures have had their land, Mossflower, overtaken by the wildcats and weasels. This is the story of how they cleverly take it back.



That said, I'm not a big fan of books with animal main characters, especially if those characters basically act just like people. Various woodland creatures farming or using slingshots and arrows just doesn't fit for me, nor do I buy into mice, badgers, moles, squirrels, hares, and beavers all living together happily under one roof, cooking great feasts and caring for each others children. The characters were sweet, and there was some nice character development. I'm afraid it just wasn't my style of book.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails